David Osmond:David Osmond American Idol – David Osmond auditioned on “American Idol” 8 in Salt Lake City, Utah last night.Here’s a recap of the auditions along with a video of what happened.
* David Osmond, Provo, Utah – Hey! one of the Osmonds!! David has been fighting MS, like his father, but he’s a survivor. He sang “Something Within Me” by Take 6. Of COURSE he gets a golden ticket!
* Tara Matthews, 21, Salt Lake City – A little goth, a little… hmmm. Tara gets a no.
* Aleesha Turner, 19, Herriman, UT – No.
* Katie Sullivan, 18, Orem, UT – No.
* Rich Kagel, 27, Salt Lake City – No.
* Chris Kirkham, 26, Ogden, UT – brought Greg the Rabbit (Grabbit) along to support him as a good luck rabbit. The gimmick got him in, but no Hollywood ticket.
* Frankie Jordan, 24, Hollywood – stay at home mom who says she’s born to do this – and she lives up to her own hype! Frankie is adorable and talented and gets the yes to Hollywood, no doubt.
* Megan Corkrey, 23, Sand, UT – Mom to baby Ryder and newly divorced; sang “Can’t Help Lovin That Man of Mine” and she has a very unique voice. She’s loved by the judges and easily gets through to the Hollywood round.
* Andrew Gibson, 21, Kearns, UT – wow, deep voice! That’s a no.
* Austin Sisneros, 17, Riverton, UT – class president who wants to inspire people; sings “When I Look at the Sky” by Train. The judges decide to give him a shot and a ticket to Hollywood.
* Jarrett Burns, 24, Orem, UT – sang “Put Your Records On” by Corrine Baily Rae and the judges give him a yes.
* Taylor Vaifanua, 16, Hurricane, UT – sang “Joyful, Joyful” and she easily gets a pass to Hollywood!
* Rose Flack, 17, Rathdrum, Idaho – a sad story from Rose, whose parents both died when she was younger; sang “I Feel the Earth Move” – the judges like her but didn’t love song choice. Rose gets the yes to Hollywood!