American Idol Kansas City – American Idol Kansas City recap and videos have surfaced.So here is what happened on American Idol 8: Kansas City where 27 people made it through to Hollywood.
* Chelsea Marquardt, 19, Parsons, KS – sang “I Can’t Live” and Simon Cowell compared her to a cat falling from the Empire State Building. She got a big fat no for Hollywood.
* Ashley Anderson, 20, Clarksburg, NJ – sang “Footprints in the Sand “ by Leona Lewis, and even though she flubbed the lyrics, she still gave a good enough audition to make it through to the next round.
* Casey Carlson, 20, Minneapolis, MN – Casey is adorable, singing “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton and easily getting the yes nod to Hollywood
* Brian Hettler, 20, Kansas City, MO – sang “Think” by Aretha Franklin and uh… no.
* Von Smith, 22, Greenwood, MO – sang “Over the Rainbow” and while it seemed like he oversold it, the judges totally bought it. Von got the greenlight to Hollywood.
* Michael Castro, 20, Rockwall, TX – so cool that last season American Idol finalist Jason Castor’s brother auditioned. Michael sang “In Love With A Girl” by Gavin DeGraw and was quite good, getting a golden ticket to Hollywood. Funny that he said he just started singing 20 days before the audition!
* Matt Breitzke, 27, Bixby, OK – sang “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers and while Randy Jackson didn’t think he was right for American Idols, the other judges pushed him through to the next round.
* Jasmine “Jazz” Joseph, 17, Norfolk, NE – sang “Over the Rainbow” and butchered it. This one was a defininte no.
* Jessica Furney, 19, Wameco, KS – taking care of her 93 year old grandmother, Jessica was a standout during the auditions, singing “Cry Baby” by Janis Joplin and getting the yes to Hollywood.
* Asia McClain, 24, India Morrison, 22, Kansas City, MO – these rapping sisters did a fun rap before each auditioned; Asia got a no, while India was given the golden pass.
* Jamar Rogers, 26, Milwaukee, WI – sang California Dreamin’ and while Simon found it a bit corny, Jamar made it through to Hollywood.
* Danny Gokey, 28, Milwaukee, WI – Danny’s story is a sad one, as his wife died just 4 weeks before the audition. He sang “I Heard it Through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye and easily advanced to the next round. He’s definitely one to watch on American Idol 8.
* Anoop Desai, 21, Chapel Hill, NC – sang “Thank You” and was really had an unexpected good voice, given his geeky exterior. The judges gave him the round 2 greenlight.
* Andrew Lang, 19, Columbia, MO – he came in with two cheerleaders and sang My Girl, but the judges thought he was too theatrical and passed.
* Asa Barnes, 20, Kansas City, MO – the band director with a 4 year old daughter sang “The Way You Make Me Feel” and was given a yes by the judges.
* Michael Nicewonder, 20, Grand Island, NC – sang some original songs and this one seemed like the American Idol producers were making fun of him by putting him in front of the judges. He didn’t make it through to round 2.
* Dennis Brigham, 19, Glen Carron, IL – he practically begged to get through to Hollywood and… it worked!
* Mia Conley, 27, Kansas City, MO – after dozing in the waiting area all day, Mia sings “Lovin You” and falls flat.
* Lil Rounds, 23, Memphis, TN – we learn that a tornado touched down and destroyed her family’s apartment, so American Idol could really change her life. Lil sang “All I Do” by Stevie Wonder and she’s fantastic! Easily gets a golden ticket to Hollywood!
That’s all we have for now on American Idol Kansas City.